Kulfis are one of the best companions to kill the heat in summers and if they are combined with Mango then its sheer heaven. While Mango pleases us till just summers, why not make the most of it!!!! So heres for all the Kulfi and mango lovers; a blissful Mango Kulfi recepi:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2.5 cups almond milk or cow’s milk
- 2.5 cups mango puree – approx 3-4 large sized alphonso mangoes can be used
- ¼ or ½ cup sugar – depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. so adjust accordingly.
- 4-5 green cardamom crushed or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- a pinch of saffron/kesar
- 12-15 unsalted pistachois – blanched or soaked, peeled and sliced. keep some for garnishing
- 2 to 3 tbsp almond paste/almond meal or khoya/evaporated milk (optional)
- 21/2 or 3 tbsp rice flour or 2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 3 tbsp almond milk or regular milk
Steps to follow:
- Take saffron and almond milk in a pan.
- Heat on a low flame, just let the almond milk come to a gentle heat. Don’t boil the almond milk.
- If using cow’s milk then simmer on a low flame for about 15 to 18 mins.
- Add sugar. Stir till the sugar has dissolved.
- Dissolve the rice flour in 3 tbsp milk.
- Add this rice flour paste to the milk. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Cook on a low flame. Stir in between.
- Continue to cook till the mixture thickens. Switch off the flame.
- Add the almond paste/powder/meal or khoya/evaporated milk. Stir and let the mixture cool.
- Add the mango puree, chopped pistachio slices and mix well.
- Pour mango kulfi into serving bowls or kulfi moulds. Freeze for 8-10 hours.
- Serve mango kulfi cold and sliced with topped with saffron, sliced pistachios, cardamom powder or falooda along with rose syrup.